Treat Organ, Opus 1, 41 ranks, c: 1886
This noted instrument from the Searles mansion in Great Barrington found its way to the First Congregational Church in 1924. At the time, the electric blower used was by Kinetic. Its rather primitive design and installation directly under the sanctuary, assured that everyone knew it was running the instant the switch was pushed.
There was no alternative or quieter location possible and therefore, it was decided to install an all new blowing plant. This was (American) built by Zephyr, who also built the enclosure that surrounds the blower and the new static regulator that further assures things are whisper quiet during Sunday services.